Excalibre Torque Anchor (EXC)Designed to anchor the Tubing String and Progressive Cavity Pump (PCP) within the wellbore.
The Excalibre Torque Anchor (EXC) is designed to anchor the Tubing String and Progressive Cavity Pump (PCP) within the wellbore. The EXC consists of a unique anchor design, which incorporates 3 Floating Slips and Mount Blocks that guarantee the Torque Anchor stays concentric within the wellbore casing. The EXC stops the right hand rotation of the PC Pump, by providing Exceptional Stabilization of the Pump which eliminates tubing back-off, caused by the torsional forces produced by the PC Pump.
Benefits: The following are additional features incorporated in the design:
- Centralizing the Torque Anchor in the casing allows for increased production, by lifting the Slotted Tag Bar and Gas Separator intakes, off the casing ID and out of the Sand
- The open By-Pass area and centralized design, allows for greater annular space for gas to migrate up the annulus, rather than inside the PC Pump. It also, allows for Sand to by-pass the EXC Torque Anchor and not build up on the tool
- The Floating Slips provide a hardened drag portion to keep the teeth from contacting the casing ID on entry.
- Solid Drive Pin and Floating Slip design for simple setting and straight pull-up release procedures.
- Inconel springs for H2S and CO2 resistance
- Simple rebuild procedure
Operation: The EXC is threaded onto the tubing string above or below the PC Pump. The EXC is run to the desired setting depth, and right hand Pre-Torque is applied to the Tubing String/PC Pump. The EXC is released by straight pull-up from the wellbore.
Sour service and C02 service available on request
Other sizes available on request.