Excalibre Downhole Torque Anchor (EDT)Designed to anchor the Tubing String and Progressive Cavity Pump (PCP) within the wellbore.
The EDT Torque Anchor is designed to anchor the Tubing String and Progressive Cavity Pump (PCP) within the wellbore. The EDT consists of a unique anchor design, which incorporates 3 Floating Slips and Mount Blocks that guarantee the Torque Anchor stays concentric within the wellbore casing. The EDT stops the right hand rotation of the PC Pump, by providing “Exceptional Stabilization” of the Pump and eliminates tubing back-off, caused by the torsional forces produced by the PC Pump. Incorporating 3 Floating Slips and Mount Blocks adds for more insurance than a single slip design.
Benefits: The following are additional features incorporated in the design:
- Centralizing the Torque Anchor in the casing allows for increased production, by lifting the Slotted Tag Bar and Gas Separator Intakes, off the casing ID and out of the Sand in horizontal applications
- The open By-Pass area and centralized design, allows for greater annular space, for gas migration up the annulus, rather than inside the PC Pump. It also, allows for sand and Coiled Tubing to by-pass the EDT Torque Anchor
- The EDT having a Main Body the same OD as the stator leaves no place for sand to build up on the tool. As a result, the tool can be removed easily from sanded in wells
- Solid Drive Pin and Floating Slip design for simple setting and straight pull-up release procedures. The 3 Slip design adds for more Insurance and Stabilization of the PC Pump
- Inconel springs for H2S and CO2 resistance
- Simple rebuild procedure can be performed in the field
Operation: The Excalibre Downhole Torque Anchor (EDT) is threaded onto the tubing string above or below the PC Pump. The EDT is run to the setting depth desired. Right hand torque is applied to the tubing string/pump. The anchor is released a straight pull-up. The anchor can be moved to a different wellbore location or pulled from the well.