1/4 Turn Anchor Catcher (QTC)Designed to anchor the tubing string from movement in tension, compression, or rotation.
The Excalibre 1/4 Turn Anchor Catcher (QTC) is designed to anchor the tubing string from movement in tension, compression, or rotation. The advantage of placing the tubing string in tension is to ensure that the tubing follows the rod string as close as possible. The rod string is usually in tension as a result of pumping forces. If both the tubing and rod strings are in tension the contact between them will be minimized and as a result tubing and rod wear will also be decreased.
Benefits: The following are additional features incorporated in the design:
- The QTC is a Catcher, that catches the broken tubing from falling down well causing damage to Tubing/Pump/Liner
- Sets in a 1/4 turn of the tool mandrel / tubing
- Slim hole design for smaller casing I.D.’s
- Open design for gas and sand to by-pass
- The 1/4 turn tool design improves capillary line installations in both slim hole and heavy crude applications
- Teflon coated mandrel to resist H2S and CO2
- Inconel springs for longer life and corrosion resistance
- Adjustable secondary shear release
- Compact length
- Carbide inserts for P110 casing
Operation: The 1/4 Turn Anchor Catcher (QTC) is threaded onto the tubing string. The anchor is run to the setting depth, and 1/4 turn of the mandrel/tubing string is applied to set the QTC (refer to setting/installation/removal procedure). The tool is a right hand set/right hand release design.
Note: Other tool sizes and thread connections available upon request